REVIEW: Cha Sha

Cha Sha is a Desi tea cafe serving well, tea and mainly Indian street food. 

We heard about their tea, so popped into their Ilford Lane branch. It's hidden away on a side road. 

A kind cashier took our order. Whilst wife gave the order (Cha Sha blend with saffron, Loaded Halloumi & Chips and a piece of brownie), I noticed a stretch of sand on the counter. I'm assuming it's for a method of making tea. I must check it out for a another time inshaAllah. 

We chose a seat, away from the main part of the shop as Niqabi wife was comfortable that way. We marvelled at the deco, flower pots pinned onto the ceiling! Mural of London buses on one wall and south Asian patterns on others. 

We didn't wait too long for our order. They served the tea in clay pots. First time for us! 

We tucked into the Loaded Halloumi & Chips. It had peri peri seasoned chips, small pieces of halloumi, jalapeno, black olives and sauce. 

We opted for and shared the small size, which was a good portion. It was nice and not so spicy as I thought it might be. As a suggestion I wouldn't have the black olives as it doesn't go too well with the dish.

Then, the main event. The chai. As I mentioned it was served in clay pots, a traditional style. The tea was warm and creamy. There wasn't any particular overpowering spice. It was really nice. 

We finished off with the slice of brownie. It wasn't dry and not so moist. It complimented the tea. 

As I got up to take the tray back, one of the workers (presumably the manager) took it off me with a bright smile! He even let us keep the clay pots MashaAllah. 

I would go back to try other teas and food items from the menu.


Loaded Halloumi Fries - 4/5

Chai - 5/5

Brownie - 4/5


Cha Sha 130 Ilford Ln, Ilford IG1 2LE






 


Comments